Do you love leading a team of data analysts to success, but still like getting your hands dirty with those challenging data problems? Do you thrive on new challenges and working with a variety of different environments, datasets and industries? Are you a people-person who enjoys engaging with stakeholders and presenting back findings?
We are seeking an Analytics Manager to lead one of our teams of analysts at Data Insight. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in an innovative, fast-paced environment, across a variety of projects and leading a team of data experts, help our clients use data and analytics to solve complex business problems.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing a team of up to 6 data analysts
- Taking a lead role working directly with clients, to understand their problems, develop analytical solutions, and deliver outstanding results
- Delivering and presenting commercially focused solutions that are actionable by our clients
- Managing project timelines and deliverables from start to end to ensure the best outcomes for clients
- Coordinating resource across a number of projects to ensure your team are utilised and kept busy
- Working on challenging analytical problems and finding new ways to solve them
- Mentoring junior team members and sharing knowledge and skills with the wider team
- Inducting and upskilling new team members
- Tertiary degree, Statistics, Marketing, Business Management and Information Systems, or ability to demonstrate equivalent experience and knowledge in the field
- Ideally 8+ years’ experience in relevant roles, working on analytical projects
- Experience in managing and mentoring high performance teams
- Essential: Advanced skills in SQL and Microsoft Excel
- Desirable: Other technical skillsets such as SAS, R, Python and Power BI
Personal attributes:To be successful in this role you will need to be:
- Passionate about data and analysis and have experience solving a wide range of data problems
- Able to work at a fast pace and manage your own workload, clients and other data analysts
- Advanced technical skills to help mentor and manage more junior members of your team
- A great communicator and comfortable presenting to a variety of stakeholder
- Commercially minded and always focused on the ‘so what’
- A motivated self-learner wanting to continuously upskill and tackle new challenges and can adapt to working in new environments
- Confident in talking to a variety of stakeholders from business users to technical staff
- A desire to learn and keen interest in new and leading-edge technologies and tools
- Opportunity to work with NZ’s leading data and analytics experts (perhaps we are biased!), across a range of clients and technical environments
- Flexible work hours and work from home options negotiable
- Career and development opportunities
- See more about the benefits we offer and why our staff love us here: https://www.datainsight.co.nz/were-hiring
This role is only open to candidates who already have the right to work in NZ and who are currently a resident in NZ.
If this sounds like the role for you, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.