Dashboarding and data visualisation is a hot topic in today’s business world.
Tools such as Power BI, Tableau and Google Data Studio are growing in popularity and organisations are increasingly looking to utilise dashboards to report and monitor performance. So, what’s all the fuss about? Are dashboards really such a big deal?
At Data Insight, we believe that dashboards are a great tool to get ahead in a digital world, and here are some of the reasons why:
- Ensure data is accessible to everyone at any time: Built well, dashboards serve up data and reporting in a way that’s easily interpreted right through from your exec team to everyone across the organisation. Dashboards combine multiple disparate data sources into one, simple to interpret platform that can be easily shared.
- Make decisions based on the most up to date information: Unlike static reports, dashboards can be connected to live data sources, providing the organisation with access to the most up to date information, refreshed on demand, when it’s needed. With dashboards close to hand, everyone in the organisation has access to make data-driven decisions every day.
- Create ‘one source of truth’: Often, the organisations we speak to are struggling with the fact that they have multiple systems, reports and different versions of the truth that all communicate a disconnected view. Dashboards bring these together giving you the benefit of one fully integrated, consistent reporting solution with standardised metrics and KPIs, providing a single source of truth.
- Have interactive content: The simple, intuitive and interactive functionality allows you to get the view of the data that you require. Drop-downs filter and show specific metrics and categories of interest, while charts and tables allow you to click through to show more detail or focus on a specific area.
- Benchmark and track performance: Dashboards allow you to set benchmarks and monitor performance in real time. Key performance indicators (KPIs) can be set and tracked over time to monitor, not only overall business performance, but also the performance of specific initiatives. This is key to making informed decisions, responding quickly to market changes and tracking the outcome of those decisions.
Data Insight empowers you and your organisation to make fast, fact-based decisions with dashboards. We’re able to assist you with the entire process from the dashboard design, build and implementation, as well as auditing and optimising existing dashboards.
We can build the dashboards on-site on your systems using your data or host your data on our systems with the dashboards built and maintained by Data Insight.
Get in touch to discover how we can help your organisation the most value from your data!